Old January 9th 18, 10:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default flat (or dare I say it: hi-riser) bars on my old Paramount

On 2018-01-09 08:10, wrote:
I am such an old coot that I don't feel comfortable bending down over
my drop bars anymore, and I never seem to ride down in the drops. So
I am thinking I'd be better off with a moustache or North Road-type
bar, or even a hi-riser bar. Of course I'd get called a bike dweeb,
but they are already calling me that anyway.

Your thoughts, please?

I feel most comfortable with a slightly swooped MTB bar but shortened.
Haven't done it to my current road bike yet but if it's any comfort I
have also increased my personal "dweebness factor" by using MTB pedals
on the road bike.

If you use brifters they'd probably have to go when using anything other
than drop bars. As others already mentioned it could pay off to first
experiment with the handlebar height before taking the plunge.

Of course, this ought to be the ultimate handlebar :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choppe...er_bicycle.jpg

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/