Old July 4th 16, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Why do pedestrians

Simon Jester wrote:
Why do pedestrians thank drivers with a wave for stopping at zebra
crossings?

Is it because motorists so rarely give way to pedestrians at zebra
crossings, let alone side roads?
Or are we so deep into the car culture that pedestrians are grateful
not to be mown down by cars every time the go out?

How many drivers thank other drivers for stopping at a give way line?

I can see no difference between a zebra crossing and a give way
junction from a vehicle users point of view.

I give drivers a quick thank you for stopping, I have yet to be ignored when
stood at a zebra crossing.
It's called common courtesy, something you as a dedicated scum cyclist will
never understand.