Old July 4th 16, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Why do pedestrians

Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 4 July 2016 17:37:20 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
Why do pedestrians thank drivers with a wave for stopping at zebra
crossings?

Is it because motorists so rarely give way to pedestrians at zebra
crossings, let alone side roads?
Or are we so deep into the car culture that pedestrians are grateful
not to be mown down by cars every time the go out?

I don't wave at all as it is akin to thanking a driver for not
running me over when I have right of way.

Yet I presume that, as a driver, you will "wave" at a driver for letting you
out of a junction when the other driver has right of way?
What a two faced turd you are Mason. Typical cyclist.