Old October 26th 17, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Lithium Ion vs NiMh battery

On 2017-10-26 07:56,
wrote:
On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 7:49:42 AM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

Did you contact Sony about it? They have to defend a reputation
and should usually fall over backwards to make it right for
you. It can happen that their QA slips but it isn't supposed
to.

Come on Joerg - for a couple of bucks?

To me stuff like that is not just a matter of principle, an
otherwise reputable manufacturer has to know that this is
happening. If nobody alerts them they may never learn about such
problems. After all, it just takes 30sec for an email. The only one
here who might make a couple of bucks in 30sec is probably Jay :-)

Well, I agree but I don't have to be the one that takes more time and
effort and postage than the batteries cost.

A good company, if they want them back for an investigation, will
provide you with a shipper label and a 1-800 number. A quick call and
the shipper picks it up. Or drop it off in town.

Whereas I simply flipped them in the garbage. You are just too damned organized. I save all of my organization for work.