Old January 15th 19, 12:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Electric dangers

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:36:48 -0500, Frank Krygowski wrote:

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/14/...an-s-electric-

bike-explodes-almost-starts-bushfire

It would be helpful for more details about the e-bike. Was it a self
adapted from cheap chinese sources and thuse cheap poor power regulation.

Aaah, this talking head says after market conversion;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIAi2BbKHtA

I think the conditions were ideal for stressding the electrics and
battery; slow speed up a hill and the region is experiencing 40C/100F+
temperatures, but at 8;30am it wouldn't be that.

As to the pants catching fire, this posts says "spandex"; nuff said.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...ric-road-bike-
explodes-on-adelaide-hill-climb-causing-bushfire/

I'll just stick to cotton shorts that I've always used.