Old January 16th 19, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Electric dangers

On 1/14/2019 3:22 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 13:36:48 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

https://www.9news.com.au/2019/01/14/...tarts-bushfire

I liked the part where it was said that "The motor's lithium batteries
and CO2 cartridges from its repair kit had ignited".

I suspect that the reporter might have a bit at odds with the facts at
that point.

I noticed that too; I think the intent was "batteries ignited and CO2
cartridges /exploded/," which fits the later text and makes sense in
context. Then an editor caught hold of it.

Mark J.