Old November 9th 04, 02:41 AM
Bill Z.

"Just zis Guy, you know?" writes:

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:32:42 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote in message :

really, I was hoping for _data_, not uncorroborated opinions!

LOL! Excellent use of irony, Mr. K :-)

Of course, you'll see these two completely ignore the URLs I posted,
not to mention the fact that Krygowski was claiming helmets don't
work but apparently (given their reaction) neither want to talk about
controling for changes in driver behavior over the time frame when
helmet use went up substantially. It's the usual double standard
on their part.

Also, a few minutes spent outside at an intersection looking at
drivers in the Bay Area will convince you that there is a major
problem with people running red lights and otherwise behaving far more
recklessly than was typical 30 years ago. It is simply common
knowledge, and is hardly surprising. Just plot a graph of the
population changes over the past 30 years with the number of police
officers on the road handing out moving violations. If you don't think
that has an impact, then ask why a standard police procedure is to
step up enforcement a few days before they do a speed survey to set
the speed limit when a city would like the limit reduced.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB