Old November 16th 08, 01:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Default O.K.Guys........I'm back!!!!

On Nov 9, 2:23*am, Harry Brogan wrote:
On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:57:07 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Harry Brogan" wrote in message
.. .
[...]
By the By....I am no longer in Nebraska. * I am now living in Norfolk,
Virginia. * Job market here was MUCH better!!!!

I was stationed at the Portsmouth Naval Hospital for a couple of years back
in the late 50's when I was in the Navy. I always liked the Norfolk area.. Be
sure to get to Williamsburg and Jamestown, just up the road from Norfolk..

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

I too was stationed here. *But it was in the mid-seventies. *I was on
the USS Forrestal *(((or USS Forest Fire, or USS Zippo)) *A lot has
changed here since then. * The Battleship USS Wisconsin is on display
in downtown Norfolk and the area is much cleaner and safer than I
remember.

We stayed with friends in Williamsburg when we first arrived here.
Have been to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown and Busch
Gardens. *Not to mention Virginia Beach and all the historical
military displays that they have here.

We have really been enjoying things since our arrival here. *I am
trying to convince my kids to come out here for a visit. *Figure that
if one of them comes for a visit they all just might want to relocate
and stay here. *Much more to do then in Nebraska!!!!!
* *__o * | Every time I see an adult on a bicycle....
*_`\(,_ *| I no longer despair for the human race.

Hi Harry,

I was stationed in the same general area in '69 ... Ft Monroe
(Hampton, Virginia) on Chesapeake Bay across from the Norfolk Navy
Yard. Ft. Monroe was a very interesting military installation with an
abundance of history. Google it an check on the history and images. -
Jim McNamara