Old March 13th 19, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default The death of rim brakes?

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 6:34:24 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I keep reading see all the bikes coming out and basically all disc brakes.. I cannot believe rim brakes are going to be gone but maybe I am just kidding myself. I frankly hate the disc brake look and certainly for a long time parts will be around but are these rim brakes a dead deal.

Deacon Mark

I have a problem that perhaps someone can answer: I have a set of Ultegra levers on my Time. They worked absolutely perfectly when installed and they have had very little use.

Yet now the left inside lever doesn't return all the way pretty often. Now the dryer dumps into the garage though it is quite a way away from the bikes but there is dust in the air quite often. My brother had his DuraAce bike in here and his bike is doing the same thing.

Do you suppose this is caused by the dust and if so is there any way of getting these to work properly again? I tried "washing" them out with TriFlow and that didn't seem to work.