Old October 31st 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beth

Default 1 foot wheel walk. need tips

I'd definitely work on gliding at the same time if I were you, and
experiment with different speeds. It's much easier to balance and to go
longer distances and turn when you're going quite fast and gliding
quite a lot of the time, rather than 1ft wwing slowly, which takes much
more effort to balance. And if you're doing it on a trials, have you
raised your seat quite a bit? If you can borrow a freestyle you'll
probably progress a bit faster, although it's not too hard with a
trials tyre.

Also for anyone who has trouble getting into it I think it's actually
quite tricky to go from 2ft to 1ft wwing when you're learning it, it's
much easier to start with 1ft straight away, either from holding a wall
or maybe 1ft idling.

--
Beth
Beth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12979