Old March 20th 05, 06:09 PM
bbaka

Default Bracelets for Bike Lanes?

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On 20 Mar 2005 07:05:06 -0800, "donquijote1954"
wrote in message
.com:

OK, forget about bike lanes. Then what would it take to bring, say, 30%
of the world to ride bicycles in an age of pollution and oil scarcity
that feeds war?

Did you know that the bicycle is the most widely used vehicle in the
world, and that more people worldwide go by bike than by car,
motorcycle and bus put together?

Guy

That is changing, too. Cars are popping up in the former USSR and even
China now that they have some money. When the oil does run out there
will still be corn and things to make Ethanol or even Methanol. We have
plenty of coal that is unused for now due to it's high Sulfur content,
but just wait until some genius finds a way to run a car with it. After
that we have natural gas and Propane both of which are non-renewable.
Continuing, there will be Hydrogen, always available by way of
electricity and breaking down water. The electricity will be
hydro-electric, Solar, wind, and eventually Nuclear again. Cars just
won't go away as long as there are more people to want them and we are
having more people every day, past 6 Billion and still more on the way.

To be on topic again, could you just imagine building a few million
miles of bike lanes and turning loose 2 or 3 Billion unlicensed riders,
some of whom would want to do 25 MPH and others only 5 MPH???

It might actually be worse if you can imagine a bicycle traffic jam
every day for your commute to work. THAT would be a major bummer.

Different color bracelets for different speed lanes maybe?

Just a different viewpoint, as always with me.
Bill Baka