Old November 30th 18, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Noise from new Sunrace cassette

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 15:08:18 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 3:21:50 AM UTC-6, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

BSO = Bicycle Shaped Object. Commonly sold in department stores.

Some of the bicycles sold in department stores today, WalMart, Target, are perfectly fine bicycles. Much higher quality than what I bought at an official bike shop 35 years ago. I'd be fine buying a department store bike today and riding it anywhere and everywhere. After I adjusted, fixed everything mechanical on the bike. The bikes sold by WalMart or Target today are no different than the bikes sold by official bike shops today. Except cheaper price.

My guess is that the majority of the bicycles sold, in the world,
today, are single speed bikes, made of steel tubing. Just like the
ones that WalMart sells.

cheers,

John B.