Old December 7th 18, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default SKS RENNKOMPRESSOR: A superior, recommended floor pump

On 12/7/2018 10:40 AM, patrick wrote:
A question about floor pumps with the gauge down at the foot of the pump. Does that position make the gauge more susceptible to moisture contamination interfering with the gauge accuracy? I was surprised with the water buildup from 2 weeks of semidaily operation in my park pump- to the point that I took the top fitting off, popped the piston/rod section off and left it upside down in the sun for the remainder of the day to clear out the accumulation. Pat

I've never experienced that problem, and my floor pump with its bottom
mounted gauge lives in a basement that gets pretty humid from time to time.

Most common pressure gauges are made almost entirely of brass, which
isn't bothered much by moisture. The pressurized air has access to only
the inside of the bourdon tube in the gauge, not to the gears, dial, etc.

I don't plan to worry about this.

--
- Frank Krygowski