Old December 27th 18, 03:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Interesting track crashes

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 8:59:28 PM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 12/26/2018 3:02 PM, wrote:

Actually the most common frame material to fail is aluminum. Come sources say never keep an aluminum frame for more than 10 years max. And the failures are highly reminiscent of the Internet pictures of carbon fiber failures save that the CF bikes usually have been hit by cars whereas the AL bikes simply fall apart.

Damn. Mine's 32 years old. I'll have to travel back to 1996 and get rid
of it.

But then I won't be able to ride it across the U.S. in 2003. What to do??

--
- Frank Krygowski

You're right Frank. Heck there are still quite a few Vitus spindly aluminium frames in use too.

We should have a poll for the biggest RBT Troll for 2018.

Cheers