Old March 15th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc

Default sights and biking routes for Belgium and Netherlands

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, AILEEN wrote:

For our 10 year anniversary, my husband and I are biking across Europe
beginning in the Netherlands, going through Belgium and ending in
France. I have found a lot of information for all the attractions in
Paris, but neither of us is very familiar with the other two countries -

For The Netherlands the best maps are the ANWB Topografische Fietskaarten.
They are 1:50,000 (or 1:60,000) in scale. The maps mark the most scenic
routes and you can easily select the routes you need to get from place to
place. Don't get the maps that tout certain routes. These are circular
routes that aren't useful when one is simply going from one place to
another. And the routes in them are not the most scenic.

we did buy a Lonely Planet, but really do not wish to carry it with us.

I photocopy the pages of the places that I will be visiting.

Don www.donwiss.com/joyrides (e-mail link at page bottom).