Old August 31st 06, 05:18 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default "A Comparative Study of Impacts to Mountain Bike Trails in Five Common Ecological Regions of the Southwestern U.S."

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:55:41 +1000, stevemtbsteve
wrote:
[color=blue]

Once on a
bike, they start feeling that everyone else should get out of their
way and let them rip up nature

aah, if only nonsense were truth, did i say u were arguing on reason?!

Now i am sure u could find me numerous example of biker’s bad
behaviour, and I have seen some, but I have also seen much of the
opposite - it's my daily business. The sad thing is mike u need to
maintain conflict to keep on trolling!

I am also intrigued over ur comment on my supposed anthropocentrism; I
assume u either don't know what this word means or simply misunderstood
my post.

Really? There's NO possibility that YOU aren't understanding?
Conveniently, you removed your previous post, so no one can see what I
was replying to.

I make no reference to the environmental impact of cycling in
my post, a merely state that one individual speaking as a self
appointed voice of a part of a community usually adds little to a
debate. Whether we get on or not will have no effect on the
environmental effects of any of our actions.

You obviously think that people getting along is the only or main
issue. As I said, you are anthropocentric. My statement went right
over your head.

This is similar, but not
identical, to the practice of relating all that happens in the universe
to the human experience.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande