Old January 19th 04, 04:30 PM
Jym Dyer

Default "Triplets of Bellevue"

... it is about as much a bicycle movie as was Harold
and Maud.

=v= How many movies can boast the following:

o Someone finding his/her true calling, liberty, joy,
and (*ahem!*) optimal physique with a bicycle?

o Someone truing a wheel at the dinner table?

o A bicycle-powered record player?

o The absolute pinnacle of computer-generated imaging, finally
being used for the noblest purpose possible: animating the
movements of bicycles?

o Le Tour?

o A butcher's shop window display featuring a moving
stuffed pig on a bicycle with tires made from links
of sausages?

o A snippet from Jacques Tati's _Jour_de_Fête_?

I was glad to go see it but I wouldn't see it a second time.

=v= I saw it twice, each time surrounded by bike freeeks. :^)
_Jym_