Old June 8th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DarkTom

Default Fixed Penalty Charge - for unicycling

That sucks, man.

I remember reading about how uni's are classed as bikes (the whole
'pedal-cycle' thing) and how that meant we are allowed to ride on the
road.

Me and Pebbles once got stopped by cops for riding on the pavement.
They told us to ride on the road or push them. It was really busy
pedestrian-wise tho, so fair enough we thought.

I guess that means you shoiuldn't have been on the pavement, but that
"-responsible cyclists who sometimes feel obliged to use the pavement
out of fear of traffic and who show consideration to other pavement
users when doing so-." should be a reasonable argument.

It's a sticky one. I'd probably just pay it. And then frame the
ticket!

T.

--
DarkTom

*"DarkTom of Glasgow, one of the few uni riders here that you really
musn't mess with" - GkMac
"mondeos can fly" - Pebbles*

'I'm flogging off some old tat'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=283272)