Old February 16th 19, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Latest on Australian Mandatory Helmet Law propaganda

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 8:32:49 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
I can't stand whiners feeling sorry for themselves in public, and even less when, like Franki-boy, they've brought all that rejection down on themselves by trying to bully others. That this blustering thug preposterously feels that cycling owes him something is a perfect explanation of why cycling can't get a good grasp on public approval in the States: too many of its advocates are hectoring bullies.

Personally, I think Scharfie is a far, far, far more effective spokesman for bicycling than Negative-Effect Krygowski. And Franki-boy's automatic knock every time Scharfie's name is mentioned is one more reason Krygowski puts more people off cycling that he enthuses for cycling. Frank Krygowski is the perfect embodiment of the misinterpretation of Margaret Thatcher's remark that "There is no such thing as society": this creep thinks he's the only one who should have a voice.

There's a simple way to prove me wrong, Franki-boy. Ask Scharfie, publicly, here on the newsgroup, to give you a few tips about the successful bicycle programs in Palo Alto, where he is mayor -- and discuss them in an open-minded, humble attitude of willingness to learn something.

SMS is the mayor of Cupertino, a few million dollars south of Palo Alto.

-- Jay Beattie