Old March 13th 11, 02:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Off Topic - Something for Ed

"Tēm ShermĒnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
[...]
Here is something for Ed - remarkable for being from 1952, and one soon
adjusts to the use of vibrato by the singers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fb3ffDZ-TY.

Criminal that it has less
than 260 views in over two months, while the latest pop schlock gets
hundreds of thousands of views in the same time-frame.

I think Mr. Sherman may think that I am somewhat of a neophyte when it comes
to use of the Internet for accessing music. Nothing could be further from
the truth. I have spent my life on classical music and know full well how to
get whatever I want off the Internet.

If all you are into is getting audios, then I highly recommend torrents. I
have gotten the compete works of ALL the major composers on torrents. Such
files are huge and you must have an external hard drive in order to store
them.

However, I must admit I enjoy live video concerts more - what you can get on
YouTube. In fact, YouTube may well be the greatest resource for all kinds of
music of any website on the Internet. The trouble with YouTube is that once
I get on it, I cannot get off of it. One link leads to another and before
you know it is 8:00 AM in the morning. Is this anyway to spend the few
remaining years of one's life?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka