Old August 23rd 14, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default Cycling becomes electric assisted in the Netherlands

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Lou Holtman:
I was in the Alpes
and Dolomites a month ago and the amount of eletric assisted ATB had
grown a lot since last year. I was passed on the Passo Pordoi on a 8%
stretch by such a bike at double the speed I rode.

I'm surprised to hear that. Maybe Ebikes have come along since I
started dabbling in them a few years back. My sense has been that the
power-to-weight ratio is still poor - even compared to mopeds.

Not so sure about that. A riding buddy was telling me last week about a
disabled friend of his with an electric assist bike that we kicking his
butt up on the Laurentians. Some nice hills there. He thought pretty
much what you do. Not sure which model it was though.

--
duane