Old August 23rd 14, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

Default Cycling becomes electric assisted in the Netherlands

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Duane:
Not so sure about that. A riding buddy was telling me last week about a
disabled friend of his with an electric assist bike that we kicking his
butt up on the Laurentians. Some nice hills there. He thought pretty
much what you do. Not sure which model it was though.

That takes me back to thinking that the power/weight ratio of batteries
has improved. Either that or the disabled friend weighs a lot less
than my 100 kg.

Don't know exactly but my friend said the guy with the ebike was larger
than him and he's around 190 LBS.
--
duane