Old September 12th 05, 02:06 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default Campy BB axle length questions

Bob wrote:
I'm new to Campy and looking at buying some vintage NR stuff. The
components will likely be fitted to a '79 Raleigh Competition.

My BB question:I'm used to French BB axles where the lengths
are typically 118mm for a double... I think that's Japanese standard
too for more doubles. Campy seems to come in at 115mm. Are Campy
cranks closer to the BB by a couple mm ? Just on one side ? Are
campy bearing flanges closer together with a different wall thickness
than I'm used to ?

Thanks,

Just get a Campagnolo Super, Nuovo Record or grand Sport or a Phil Wood
with the rpoper threadintg. 115mm, not symmetric. English threading for
the Raleigh.