Old September 2nd 14, 05:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

Fads often last for a generation or so. That doesn't mean it
will be around for the long haul. What is being promoted to young people by the
IMBA and others is actually criminal. The young will have to learn the hard way
how people who should know better are actually scoundrels and blackguards who
promote things for their own advantage. The increasing injuries and deaths from
mountain biking will eventually result in its being banned from all but the
safest of trails which are more often rustic roads than anything
else.

Ah, more Dolan dodging ... make an assertion, have it refuted by actual evidence, revert to making original assertion with ad hominem. You have no evidence whatsoever that it will decline in the future ... no one can know ... but, for the moment, it's on an upward trend.

The near universal acknowledgment of the dangers of mountain biking on hiking trails will mean the end of it. Once the lawsuits began it will happen fast. Mr. Vandeman has much better arguments than I do for its demise, but his arguments presuppose other intelligent beings who can be persuaded. I, on the other hand, am convinced that only the ever increasing deaths of bikers on trails will result in its banishment.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great