Old March 26th 17, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Shoe Overlap

On 2017-03-14 15:34, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 2:17:44 PM UTC-7, Joerg wrote:

It does not have to be a $xxxxx per seat CAD package. My
engineering drawings are done on a CAD that cost me just under $1k
and can also do layout, even automatic routing of circuit traces. I
only use it for schematics and that part is the full unlimited
version.

Autorouting invariably stinks. They have give-away packages from
companies now that do auto-routing. Not ONE of them matches a good
layout man. Most generate so much noise in the routing that you have
your uC making mistakes in low power high speed applications.

I always farm out layouts, then allow the layouter to auto-route digital
stuff and mundane analog but not any hot stuff. He uses a well-seasoned
version of PADS and the auto-router is quite good. I haven't yet tried
the auto-router on my Eagle V7.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/