Old December 3rd 03, 05:12 AM
John Foltz

Default Recumbent bikes

Vincent Wilcox wrote:

John Foltz wrote:

Vincent Wilcox wrote:

I went for a ride with a local cycling group on a local loop with a
varied route, ie. getting off the road at points. We kept having to
wait for the groups recumbent rider to catch up as he rode the
longer road route because it was impossible for him to lift his bike
over fences and ride on some bumpy offroad track. I imagine he only
did it to increase his mileage.

It sounds like your ride was almost a cyclocross event in places.
Definitely not a good venue for a bike that is essentially meant for
roads only. There is very little public land around here for doing
that stuff, so rather than trespass we stick to the pavement.

It wasn't by any stretch of the imagination. Perhaps he was a wimp
recumbent rider?

I don't know much about cyclocross, but by your own admission it
wasn't entirely a road ride. There's nothing wrong with wanting to
stay on the pavement. I gave up offroad when I came to the
conclusion that I couldn't keep shoveling parts into my mountain
bike fast enough. It was fun (but expensive) while it lasted, though.

--

John Foltz --- O _
Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)