Old April 10th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.rides,rec.bicycles.misc
Erness Wild

Default Beware Passing the Parked Car, Bicycle Reminder.

I was "lucky?". Going for a ride on my old 10 speed had me more
interested in how it was working mechanically than remembering to
look for occupied parked cars. Sure enough as I came along side a
parked car the driver decided to begin a u-turn. We missed each other.
I last had that close call on a motorcyle over ten years ago. Each one
brings a sudden wake up call. Most of the street where I ride don't
have parked cars, which probably makes for being less prepared for it.

--
A website is a place, where, when you go there, it does everything
possible to distract you, from finding the information you came there