Old March 7th 17, 01:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default cassette clockwise arrow 40 nm

On 3/6/2017 8:22 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
AMuzi wrote:

Rattling high gear sprockets can indicate
a missing spacer. On classic Seven cassettes
there is a thin 1.0mm spacer between high
gear and second highest, LH item he
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/csspacr.jpg

On this particular one, I noticed they (the
high gear sprockets) were somewhat rotatable
just fiddling with them, but far from spinning
like a wheel or pulley.

I didn't look for spacers but the casette is
brand new - Sunrace 8 11-32t.

(there are other possible issues, such as 11t
sprocket on a pre-11t body and so on)

Very interesting, the wheel and thus body are
used stuff, I don't know how old. Is it too
late to examine without having to remove the
cassette? Still, could be useful next time...

Look inside the 11t sprocket and you will see the splines do
not go fully through to the outside. Add a 1mm spacer behind
the low gear, lube and torque your lockring and that rattle
will go away.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/