Old April 15th 21, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Steve Weeks

Default Nibali bike crash

This is suppose to be a cycling technology newsgroup. Should you be
getting the latest technology such as titanium or carbon fiber?

I had my tibio-fibular syndesmosis (dense fibrous ligament holding the two lower leg bones together just above the ankle) stabilized with two screws made of polylactic acid (a biologically resorbable plastic). This was over three years ago, and the screws were gone after about 9 months. No second surgery.