Old December 21st 04, 03:18 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
John Kimmel wrote:

Thanks. Looks like it will be worth the drive to look at it.

Understand that unless you are one of the physically gifted people who
learn new athletic skills with ease, you may find the Vision R-40 (and
many other recumbents) hard to ride at first. Patience is required.

The first recumbent I tried to ride was a 1998 Vision R-40. I was not able
to both steer and balance after half an hour or so of trying. Several
months later, after having ridden a RANS Wave for several hundred miles, I
was able to ride the same exact R-40 without significant difficulty.

My God, do you have some physical disability that would cause this? The
Vision is my favorite bike of about 10 recumbents that I have. I will admit
it was not the first recumbent I ever got, but it presented no problems
whatsoever when I first rode it. It is a quick steerer, depending on how you
have it set up, but it takes only a few minutes to get used to. I will admit
it is one of the shorter SWB recumbents, but there are good reasons for that
too.

I am very sorry Vision went out of business as I regard it as having the
most comfortable recumbent seat ever made. It was a stroke of genius how
they designed that seat to be easily adjusted and removed from the frame.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota