Old July 30th 03, 09:58 PM
Me

Default 110 bcd double crankset

sounds cool to me. my knees could use that as well, but I've taken the
plunge and gone for a triple.

Shimano 105, stuff, not too bad on cost, but it means you buying new
shifters.

Something to keep in mind that Tylers crank is made by Full Speed Ahead
(FSA) and is only available in carbon if its available to the public. They
used the 110 bolt size as this is the standard size for mtb chianrings so
that they could have a good selection of off the shelf sizes to choose from
for the stages. Also keep in mind, the cranks alone will set you back $250+!

Best of luck with the conversion...

"James Bondra" wrote in message
om...
I just saw an article about Tyler Hamilton using a 110 bcd crank with 52
x 36 chainrings.

I am interested in a similar setup (110 bcd double) as where I live it
is very hilly and I am interested in doing a few 100+ mile rides with
10,000 ft of climbing. I am currently running a Campy Daytona 9sp double
front derailleur and a 9 speed double Daytona rear derailleur. I have a
clamp on front derailleur. Is it possible to run either a 52 or 50 and a
34 inner ring with this set up? I would prefer not to have to go the
triple route due to cost.

My questions are these:

a) With a front double derailleur what is the maximum tooth difference I
can run with chainrings?
b) What is the largest rear cogset? I am running a 13 x 26, but have a
13 x 28.

I am looking at Dimension Cross Crankset.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jim Bondra