Old July 30th 03, 11:29 PM
Paul Kopit

Default 110 bcd double crankset

I currently run a 48/34 on 2 Campy bicycles, one is 9 and the other is
10sp. Using a regular cage derailleur, I can run 12/23, 13/28, 13/29
w/o problem. I size the chain for 48/28 and just put in whatever
cassette I like. The shifting from 34 to 50 is difficult and 34 to 48
can be seamless with the proper front derailleur. A Campy 10 works
better than a Campy 9 and I have no idea as to why. A Shimano 105
works best. The large ring you select should have pronounced pins and
ramps.

I have an extra Dimension Crankset, 48/34 that I'd like to sell. I
bought it for my wife but she insisted on a triple I have the BB and
31.8 clamp derailleur too. You really won't need the bb because the
111 Daytona bb, ISO bb will work like the 107 JIT bb that is required.
Should you be a weight weenie, I have a ti World Class bb that is 110
that works with the crankset too.

On 30 Jul 2003 13:13:27 -0700, (James Bondra)
wrote:

I am interested in a similar setup (110 bcd double) as where I live it
is very hilly and I am interested in doing a few 100+ mile rides with
10,000 ft of climbing. I am currently running a Campy Daytona 9sp double
front derailleur and a 9 speed double Daytona rear derailleur. I have a
clamp on front derailleur. Is it possible to run either a 52 or 50 and a
34 inner ring with this set up? I would prefer not to have to go the
triple route due to cost.

My questions are these:

a) With a front double derailleur what is the maximum tooth difference I
can run with chainrings?
b) What is the largest rear cogset? I am running a 13 x 26, but have a
13 x 28.

I am looking at Dimension Cross Crankset.