Old January 13th 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

Default Riding with a Hernia

It could depend on the type of hernia. If this is the "turn your head
and cough" type then racking yourself probably will not make it worse. I
do think that all the stress of carrying your weight on your legs while
learning to unicycle could make it worse.

Learning to ride a unicycle is physically stressful.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I speak only from personal experience.

Talk to your doctor. Do what the doctor says. Be sure to describe the
leg/groin stress involved. The mountain biking comparison sounds good
but tell the doctor unicycling is harder than mountain biking.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature
heals the disease. - Voltaire