Old May 30th 18, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default randonneur

On Sun, 27 May 2018 08:49:56 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Back when the Earth was young, The Ancients discovered that 32h
front/40h rear is as close to perfect as one might imagine. Adds some
niggling cost and therefore abandoned.

As a tall, heavy guy I thnk that'd be about right. I have problems with
any rear wheel with less than 36 spokes if it has 7 or more cogs (7 x
135 mm wide is not a problem, very low dish wheel, but 7 or more with a
130 mm OLN is just bad design IMHO even though it is the standard. With
11 speeds, the OLN should be 140 or 145 mm unless the rider is under 120
lbs).