Old November 29th 18, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default "It would appear that the gentleman was not on a designated cyclepath."

On 29/11/2018 09:02, MrCheerful wrote:
“I was riding my mountain bike at Watergrove Reservoir on Saturday 10
November, I rode down the hill behind the gate near the tower (by the
overflow), it's quite a steep hill with two drops that go into a passing
point on the lane which goes to the private residence and United
Utilities area.
“I jumped off the first drop then hit the second drop, but as the lane
and passing place came into view, there was a large barrier which I hit
and crashed."

A spokesman for United Utilities said: “We’re sorry to hear about this
incident, which happened at night, and we are looking into the
circumstances.
“It would appear that the gentleman was not on a designated cycle path.”

Classic, at night, on a footpath, not looking ahead, and wants to blame
the solid object he rode into at speed.* Good job it was not a human he
hit.

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/new...rove-reservoir

Ambulances couldn’t get to crash on M25 because drivers ignored lane

closures

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/25/ambul...6/?ito=cbshare

I blame the cyclists.

--