Old July 10th 03, 11:38 PM
Ray Peace

Default Bicycle Registration

html
head
/head
body
Greetings, br
                No, horses and carts paid tolls instead. I'm currently doing
some research on local history. Before local councils were set up, most districts
had Roads Boards, which not only charged rates, but also levied tolls on
road users. This system lasted for several decades, and like tolls of a later
era was met with degrees of abuse of the toll-keepers and evasion. Thought
that might interest you. br
Regards, br
                Ray. br
br
kingsley wrote:br
blockquote type="cite" cite="midan.2003.03.23.08.04.03.869725@maddogsbr eakfast.com.au"
pre wrap=""On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:17:54 +1000, Andrew & Joanne wrote:brbrbr/pre
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""I am currently compiling a paper regarding the registration of bicycles forbruse on our roads. Now at the risk of being called a troll, and evokingbremotional and abusive replies, I would like to ask you all a few questionsbrto gauge your reactions to the following questions.br/pre
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----brbrDid horse & carts ever have to pay rego?br... but we still had roads right ?brbrAren't most rego taxes used for things other than roadsbranyway? In NSW (Australia) I figured only the 3 cent fuel tax wasbrspent on roads. The RTA must spend 120% of it's budget onbrtheir overly patronising advertising campains.brbr-ktbrbrbr/pre
/blockquote
br
/body
/html