Old December 16th 03, 11:01 PM
Patrick Herring

Default Selecting a new saddle

Peter Clinch wrote:
| I've ridden some popular "you will be much more comfortable on this!"
| saddles and found them torture equipment, others have used my Brooks
| saddles that *I* think are wonderful and felt they should be used as
| cricket bats rather than bicycle saddles.

The point about Brooks saddles, in case the OP was wondering, is that
they /are/ hard, relatively, but the leather gets to be shaped exactly
right which gives you a much more even pressure across the said
geometry, which is much more comfortable on long rides and just
generally. You have to look after the leather though.

--
Patrick Herring, Sheffield, UK
http://www.anweald.co.uk