Old October 21st 19, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Single Speed Recumbent?!

On 10/21/2019 2:54 AM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 08:38:59 +0200, Tosspot
wrote:

What's this all about then?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VGE3QC

Well a couple of comments recommended them, or would that be
discommended them :-) Slow, can't go up hills the front drive wheel
will lose traction on a 5%+ incline, but stable.

I wonder about the "stable" part. Rear wheel steering isn't usually stable.

And even with a low center of gravity, I can envision someone
overcooking a tight downhill turn, hitting the brakes and toppling
forward and outside. That's a hazard with "delta" trikes.

--
- Frank Krygowski