Old April 2nd 15, 01:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

Default AG: Country Roads

On 01/04/2015 7:32 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2015 11:47:21 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 4/1/2015 4:48 AM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 23:58:06 -0400, Frank Krygowski wrote:
I was just talking about
the motorists who come up and blare the horn out of pure rudeness. IME,
they're extremely unlikely to cause a crash. They just want to show
dominance, and inform us that in their screwball opinion, we have no
right to the road.

I can only assume that you live in an area with a lot of very rude
people.

I can honestly say that it happens so rarely here that I even can't
remember the last time it happened to me.

Actually, no. I'm the guy who says it's a rare occurrence. I think I
get a horn blare maybe once a month at maximum.

Of, course I don't ride in a manner to impede others :-)

That Escalade guy's "impedence" was that he actually had to change
lanes. He didn't even have to slow down. People like that might blare
their horn if I were walking my bike along a sidewalk. Screw 'em.

As I said, apparently a land of many rude people.

It's not that it's a land of many rude people. It's that the rude
people are usually loud, obnoxious and often dangerous. Same here in
Quebec. It's rare that I agree with Frank but in this case he's right.
Screw 'em.