Old November 13th 03, 03:48 AM
Matt O'Toole

Default Stockpiling 110mm/74mm chainrings and cranks

"A Muzi" wrote in message

Uh, there are very nice 110/74 in current production.

We've never been without 110/74 cranks since the original
Sugino ATT in , what, 1978? Maybe your local shop doesn't
stock them, but that's hardly a crisis. Sugino is
represented by all the best distributors, who generally keep
useful sized rings as well. If your local guy cared, they
are just a phone call away.*

Sugino will stop making them when people stop buying them.

http://www.yellowjersey.org/cranx.html

(second from the bottom)

That's a pretty darned good deal -- cheaper than 3 new chainrings (or even 2
chainrings) for a Shimano crank. I think I'll just get one of those next time.
Nice looking crank, too.

Can you order those with different chainrings for that price, or does it get a
lot more expensive if you go non-standard?

Matt O.