Old September 17th 05, 05:01 AM
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic

Default quantifying design criteria

Edward Dolan was on topic when he wrote:
The only thing I would add to Tom's excellent message on recumbent bike
design is to be aware of high bottom brackets. Very many of us will get numb
feet if the BB gets much above the seat....

Back in the ancient past when I owned a 20/20 Wishbone RT [1] with a
13-inch/33 cm seat height and 26-inch/66 cm bottom bracket height, I
would suffer from foot pain unless I wore shoes with proper fit and
very stiff soles (i.e. SiDi Dominator II Mega). The SiDi shoes also
offered the advantage of being black, as a rider's feet will be in
his/her vision on a bike with a high bottom bracket. Brightly colored
shoes would be an annoying distraction.

[1] See http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2001/wbone2.jpg.
--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

"We are discussing whether humans as prey are 'natural'. Clearly,
they are, or that mountain lion wouldn't have been trying to eat a
human." - M.V.