Old August 22nd 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.off-road,rec.bicycles.misc
Auz

Default Buying a new MTB

Thanks for all your input Guys.

I bought the Felt Q800 (very pleased!) yesterday, and will deal with
swapping the tyres over for the time being while I decide whether to
a)buy a second set of wheels or b)buy a road bike in a couple of months
(funds permitting).

I think it's going to be the road bike. Probably a tourer, so I can
carry change of clothes / lunch etc. to work. Looked at a Dawes while I
was standing around for nearly an hour in Evans (they forgot to build
my bike!!!) The Galaxy - twice the price of a suggested road bike. I'll
investigate further.

Thanks again