Old November 13th 11, 12:03 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default 700/38 vs 700/23 tyres on a "comfort" hybrid commuter bike.

John Henderson wrote:
Feeling that a narrow tyre is quicker is so often all in the
mind. Just like all those motorists who swear that their car
runs better after an oil change.

Well... that depends on how long it's been since the oil was last changed.

I can remember performing an oil change where we had to remove the sump and pull globs of grease-like "oil" out by hand, because the owner of the vehicle in question had only ever "topped up".the oil. For 100,000km.

BTH