Old October 3rd 18, 03:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_]

Default Cyclists waste petrol

On 10/02/2018 04:47 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 20:26:26 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/30/2018 10:00 AM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 03:12:20 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/10/2018 12:53 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:

Are your roads littered with speed bumps? I go over perhaps 200 a
day.

That cinches it. No trip to the UK for me. Some of our dirt roads have
speed bumps, aka small boulders, but I've never seen them other than on
private roads.

Round here they put them in the stupidest of places, for example 10
yards from a junction, where nobody could possibly be speeding anyway.

And apparently they cost £10,000 each to install including paperwork.

We have various 'traffic calming' schemes like roundabouts and bulbouts
but speed bumps would really **** off the snowplow crews to say nothing
of the cops.

Even some of the semi-private areas are getting rid of them. I hit one
of the damn things on my bicycle. The sun was in my eyes and I didn't
see it coming so I taco'd my front wheel and did a face plant. I was not
happy.

You should have attempted to sue the council (or whatever you call them
over there). Causing injury to a cyclist can't be allowed surely?

I'm not big on lawyers... The counter would be that I was on private
property.