Old March 19th 04, 07:41 PM
G.T.

Default "Actually you are the first person to bring up this issue"

"Nelson Binch" wrote in message
. com...
Cross posts I don't participate in removed.

"James Annan" wrote in message
It's now a year since the QR/disk brake problem hit the headlines, and I
thought some of you might be interested in hearing how the manufacturers
are dealing with it.

Wow! How many people are having this problem? Out of how many disk

users?

Sorry, but every single time I've seen pictures of these 'incidents' it
looks like improperly set skewers to me.

It's much easier to blame the user. That's what you're doing and that's
what the manufacturers are doing. Even though they know the forces acting
to rip the wheel out of the dropout are high.

Greg