Old September 12th 17, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Pavement cyclist mows down OAP, breaking her hip

On 12/09/2017 14:13, TMS320 wrote:
On 12/09/17 12:12, JNugent wrote:
On 12/09/2017 01:28, TMS320 wrote:

obstacles which are to be found in the Greenwich *Foot* Tunnel in
a vain attempt to get cyclists to behave lawfully.

I bet you have absolutely no idea about what happens there.

Right now, today?

At any time

You're right.

I know

Try addressing the point about doing more harm to those you want to
Â*protect than usefulness as a deterrent.

Who is frightened to walk across a cattle grid? Not I.

I can run downstairs two steps at a time with my hands in my pockets. So
what? I told you off last time you claimed to represent everybody else.

In any case, there are various analogous methods which could be
considered, including making the footway surface too irregular to
ride on, taking a cue from the carriageway "rumble strips" used on
the approach to junctions, etc.

...so the original idea withers away. He can't bring himself to admit he
didn't think it through.

Very inventive snipping and traduction.