Old July 26th 17, 06:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default New bike for Jay

On 2017-07-26 09:31, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at 8:55:05 AM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
Can we start speccing out equipment for Jay the way we do for
Jorge?

I'll start with this thing. Jay tell us again what frame size you
ride?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik...230636448.html

Wow. That's a deal. I ride a 63cm in Cannondale. The OE Ksyrium
wheels are a non-starter. I couldn't keep them true. But I'd buy
that bike, and I was even in SF yesterday. Oh well.

I need two bikes, but both have been or are in the process of being
replaced. I splurged and sort of replaced my commuter with a CF
gravel bike for $1,600. at Western Bikeworks. An on-sale Norco
Search. I couldn't help myself. It's a bike I've always liked. It's
105 level, which is more than fine -- and godbless Norco for using
the whole component group and not some FSA or TruVativ crank or
Tektro brakes. This is a fun bike and probably too nice for a
commuter, so who knows, I might buy a beater frame and throw together
a dead of winter commuter. Cannondale will probably give me something
as a replacement for the broken CX frame. I just didn't want to wait
to go through that process, and I wanted a gravel bike anyway. Hey,
keep the economy strong. Bike sales are down. We have to do our
part.

http://www.norco.com/bikes/road/adve...h-a-105-hydro/

Nice bike though 160/140mm rotors are IMO too wimpy. What always peeves
me snip

I was just gonna say you are a lot easier to please than Jorge.