Old August 24th 19, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default WTB Suntour CYCLONE BB Spindle

On Saturday, 24 August 2019 10:27:11 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, August 23, 2019 at 10:26:14 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Anyone here have a decent Suntour CYCLONE bottom bracket spindle they're willing to sell? I have NOS bottom bracket cups for it.

Cheers

Out of curiosity - why would you use an old and not very efficient way to do things then you could buy a normal cartridge BB that will last you the rest of your life since it is sealed to keep dirt out?

Becausethe are efficient enough and work well enough for me. After all some of my bikes have cup-and-cone loose balls bottom brackets and they have been on the bike since the mid-1980s. Why should I change when what I have works perfectly for me?

The bike I want the Suntour Cyclone spindle is one I'm building up with the original groupset it had when new. I do NOT want a cartridge bottom bracket assembly for it.

Cheers