Old February 10th 11, 03:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Revenge of the Lycra-clad cyclists

On 10/02/2011 8:44 PM, Dave Hughes wrote:
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 05:34:54 +1100, Geoff Lock wrote:

That is an interesting comment about changing personality when swapping
bikes. Some folks do and some folks don't

I'm mostly the same on all my bikes, although I might aim for sillier
lines on a 7" travel duallie than a lightweight road bike. What really had
a bad effect on my attitude to cars and other traffic was wearing body
armour and a full face helmet on the way home from riding silly bikes in
a silly fashion.

Body armour on a bicycle? Cool

It's quite scary just how much you feel safe with what really isn't going
to do much, when you eventually notice you're riding a lot more
aggressively than you normally would.

I know what you mean. Normally, I give lots of highly visible hand
signals when I am changing lanes and occassionally during the latter
part of a ride, I do catch myself changing lanes after the merest flick
of my hand - very sobering, it is, when that happens.