Old May 10th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kroma

Default Safe to twist handlebars for storage?

Hello,

I am just getting back into cycling after a few years (well, 13) absence.

I have purchased and fitted a bike 'hanger' which consists of two prongs
protruding from my garage wall. It works a treat. However...

If I am to be able to fit my car in the garage, I need to loosen the
handlebars and twist them through 90 degrees so that they are aligned with
the wheel. This allows the bike to sit fairly flush to the wall. If I
don't do this, my car parking space is severely limited due to the
protruding handlebar (or the front wheel sticking out due to the handlebar
touching the wall).

My question is, is it safe for me to twist the handlebars like this
everytime I store the bike and then to realign the handlebar (all done with
an Allen key) ready for cycling? Will I eventually wear something down or
is this a common activity?

Thanks in advance,

Kroma